'97 Town Car ''King Kongs In Da Trunk''

Work in progress? Car partially underway? If you want a spot to dedicate to the work this is where you'll want to go.
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:58 pm

Alas! Updates.

The door is in dire need of some sound deadening.

Crutchfeild thinks I'm installing a radio in 1980.

the half assed paint job. 1st coat and I ran out. This stuff doesnt go on very thick but it looks good in person.
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:02 pm

The 6.5's will work in the door. Everywhere I looked it said 5x7's...note, they are 6x8's. This means I wont have to cut the door, just screw an MDF backing, add a lot of sound deadener, and add some spacers for the fake phase plug and the added excursion. The tweeters are going to be mounted far forward on the dash in the corners. I have them that way in my truck and they sound pretty good. More updates once I do something that might sorta be worth looking at.
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:16 pm

Steve-o

Postby Steve-o » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:48 pm

In my '93 Towncar, I put my Diamond D6 6.5's in sealed pods in the kicks, and the alum D6 (Diamond audio) tweets in the pillars. I was able to set up a very nice soundstage. That's my reccomendation for comp sets in a towncar. Also, your tweet mounting location is very poor for the Towncar's soundstage...wish I could have helped you earlier.
badgirl

Postby badgirl » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:11 pm

sounds like fun & alot of work
noct3rn4l

Postby noct3rn4l » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:33 pm

looks fun =]
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:49 pm

Steve-o wrote:In my '93 Towncar, I put my Diamond D6 6.5's in sealed pods in the kicks, and the alum D6 (Diamond audio) tweets in the pillars. I was able to set up a very nice soundstage. That's my reccomendation for comp sets in a towncar. Also, your tweet mounting location is very poor for the Towncar's soundstage...wish I could have helped you earlier.

how high in the pillars and facing which direction? i have been considering setting up a soundstage in my 97 TC...just a though
There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live... too rare to die.

Novus Ordo Seclorum, The New Forum

Return to “Project Logs”