How's the economy down there?

Off topic, uncensored, and mostly unmoderated.
JordanBrown

Postby JordanBrown » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:21 am

I got laid off so now I play video games all day. Sad but true haha.

I am looking for another job, probably end up back home until I can get something going.
rthompson

Postby rthompson » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:59 am

The economy in northern Minnesota seems to be going good. the strong Canadian dollar is causing them to outsource to some less expensive US labor and manufacturing is benefiting. All of the major northern Minnesota based businesses are doing fine, Arctic Cat, Polaris, Marvin Windows and i even saw that Digi Key is hiring new employees.
Duffman says a lot of things... oh yeah!!

"Don't think about greasy pork......" Jakezor
rthompson

Postby rthompson » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:02 am

oh yeah and the Farmers are doing better, the only thing that Al Gore ever helped is the Farm economy with his lies about global warming. Ethanol is not the answer, but prices have never been better for farmers, and especially Organic farmers!
Duffman says a lot of things... oh yeah!!

"Don't think about greasy pork......" Jakezor
93CougarXR7SE

Postby 93CougarXR7SE » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:19 am

Starting to feel it here in Montana. Mom said the loan department at her bank was doing well, though. As of last week, customers where I work just dropped off to a low. Kinda does that this time of year, but it's pretty bad. We sell electronics and appliances, so not a surprise. Mostly stuff people want, but don't need. Doesn't keep the rich people from buying $30k plus of appliances.
That's a lodge, but each unit gets around $20k worth of appliances alone. My managers and some of the salesmen want me in sales, but they're just too low right now. I make more in the warehouse with overtime than I could on the sales floor, and less stress. Would be nice around Black Friday and Christmas, though. Last year we really didn't get much tips, just shat on by customers. A couple weeks ago I got the best tip ever, $50 each for installing a washer and dryer!
Photo from getting stuck last winter. Didn't think we needed chains.
Benjamin 07/30/82 89 Ranger; '95 S10; '02 Ninja 250R, '99 Honda XR80; '90 Yamaha RT 100

Bedroom: Onkyo TX-SR605B powering DefTech ProCenter 2000 and pair BP6B, 2 Mirage Omni 350, PE amp pushing 12" eD B212.

Smooth move, FedEx!

Return to “Off Topic : The Hell Hole”