I'm gotsing a new car too......

Off topic, uncensored, and mostly unmoderated.
k-mart

Postby k-mart » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:16 pm

black00 wrote:I cannot believe after all these years...Kevin still has loyds finger up my dog's ass.

:D
zilch
vfootballphs

Postby vfootballphs » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:48 pm

Is that what that picture is? I've been looking at that thing for years trying to figure out what it was.
KU40

Postby KU40 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:36 am

man I didn't know those cars could get over 30. Why doesn't my 4.0 V6 get more than 20 when I go 70 for 230 straight miles? maybe I need a 6th gear.
-Nick aka NS1 aka mopey aka speedbump
Alpine CDA-9827
Crossfire CFQ5.2
JL Audio XR 650csi components, Planet Audio TT2300
Crossfire VR404 on factory rear 6x8's until I get them upgraded
SI 15D2 + 3.8 @ 30 hz + Crossfire BMF 1000D = :)
k-mart

Postby k-mart » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Good aero, low weight, and V8 torque combined with a tall ass 6th gear make for good highway mileage.
zilch
itzvic

Postby itzvic » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:42 pm

Vettes are fun, noone is real fan till you drive one. Definately changes your perspective on them... I think it would be cooler if it was a Torch Red Corvette. ;)

That camaro is just the GTO... and its about as retro cool as the new stangs are.
rthompson

Postby rthompson » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:53 am

itzvic wrote:
That camaro is just the GTO... and its about as retro cool as the new stangs are.

?? Just the GTO? i thought it was different chassis, different number of doors, different looks (way different!!!), they are not based on an Australian car, hell, aside from the fact that they are going to have 400 HP there really aren't many similarities. Yeah i love the new mustangs too, they finally got a good looking mustang since the 1st Gen. They are pretty cool with that touch of retro!!
Duffman says a lot of things... oh yeah!!

"Don't think about greasy pork......" Jakezor
Big Mack

Postby Big Mack » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:18 am

rthompson wrote:?? Just the GTO? i thought it was different chassis, different number of doors, different looks (way different!!!), they are not based on an Australian car, hell, aside from the fact that they are going to have 400 HP there really aren't many similarities. Yeah i love the new mustangs too, they finally got a good looking mustang since the 1st Gen. They are pretty cool with that touch of retro!!

Yep, the Camaro is vastly different from the Cobalt, but I'm pretty sure same number of doors ;)

And I agree with you. The new Mustangs look much better than the bubbled up versions. I drove one, and while it handled pretty well, I don't like the idea of no tilt/telescoping wheel. For $33K, that should be included. And I'm not a fan of the bogus "scoop" on the hood. Why mimic an induction system versus actually using an induction system?

Big Mack
KU40

Postby KU40 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:58 pm

why wouldn't they put a tilt wheel in the new mustangs? That's about the dumbest thing, to not put in what has basically been standard for 20 years.

After years of not liking any of the new vehicle designs, I really like the new mustangs and camaros. Automakers have finally gotten back to just plain cool now instead of what they think cool might be in 5 years, trying to out-think everybody.
-Nick aka NS1 aka mopey aka speedbump

Alpine CDA-9827

Crossfire CFQ5.2

JL Audio XR 650csi components, Planet Audio TT2300

Crossfire VR404 on factory rear 6x8's until I get them upgraded

SI 15D2 + 3.8 @ 30 hz + Crossfire BMF 1000D = :)
Big Mack

Postby Big Mack » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:09 pm

KU40 wrote:why wouldn't they put a tilt wheel in the new mustangs? That's about the dumbest thing, to not put in what has basically been standard for 20 years.

After years of not liking any of the new vehicle designs, I really like the new mustangs and camaros. Automakers have finally gotten back to just plain cool now instead of what they think cool might be in 5 years, trying to out-think everybody.

It's got tilt, but not telescoping. I like to have both, so if it has one but not the other it's the same problem to me. I have long legs, so I sit with the seat all the way back. And I prefer to have the wheel tilted up and telescoped out a bit. I can see over the wheel no problem, so that's never an issue. Oh well...the fake hood scoops really irritated me, though. It's akin to the older ones with the fake scoops on both sides of the hood and the rear rocker with the fake brake cooling ducts. I've seen some where people actually cut them open, and it looks nice. I don't know why these companies (and Ford isn't the only one) do dumb things like that for "aesthetics". It's like putting GT or SS badges on a car with a V6.

Big Mack
k-mart

Postby k-mart » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:51 pm

Big Mack wrote: I don't know why these companies (and Ford isn't the only one) do dumb things like that for "aesthetics".

I think you answered your own question there.

People think they look cool so car companies assume they'll sell better if they've got stupid scoops and shit.
zilch

Return to “Off Topic : The Hell Hole”