RE 8 question by a newbie(be understanding please).

General car audio discussion area.
AZIM

Postby AZIM » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:33 am

emperorjj1 wrote:if ur looking for Punch ur probably wanting midbass... Just installed some hertz hi energy 8s in a FG pod in my car and they sound badass. Def not sub bass but thats what the 15s are for so

Where can i get details on these speakers ??

Id like to thank everyone whos replied and helped me towards my goal .

Is there anybody who would not advise me towards the RE 8's in the doors or are
we all agreeded that i need 8 inch mids .

Would love more opinions on which 8 inch mids i should go for for that tight slap at the front im looking for.
bigmike1

umm...

Postby bigmike1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:08 am

the best place to get more info is @ your local RE dealer.... go in there and listen to 1 RE 8 in their room. then ask them for their input. i know my guys here are REAL helpful and understanding. bounce ideas off of them and see what they've done or recommend.

re 8's destroy alot of 10's all day and belong in a tuned port box. but... ask the guys that work with these everyday for the best answer.
emperorjj1

Postby emperorjj1 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:46 am

Yup all the RE 8s we do are in ported boxes but they play sub bass and get low. You probably cant fit a proper ported box in the doors, even if u could they would really end up having more cancellation then what its worth. And assuming there was no cancellation you still wouldn't get any more midbass then you currently have.

A good idea to see if you want midbass is to listen to Eminem's music (dont really know who all has mega midbass just yet) on a Home theatre setup... then a stock system then try it on a big bass system with some aftermarket midranges on a HPF (like they should be) You will notice quite a bit is missing
AZIM

Postby AZIM » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:52 pm

Ok guys ,i will be using my 2 RE8 subs in the boot as my 15 inch Celestion is dead.

Will be buying a pair of Hertz HV200 mids for the doors and will need a nice pair of tweeters to go with the mids .
Hertz do 2 sets of tweeters one set is high priced ribbon tweeter (which i like but not the price)and the other is a dome tweeter from there HV component sets .

I need youre help in 2 areas .

1.I need a bass box desighn /specs for 2 RE8's ported to give the best balance between spl and sq. (Got upto 250w RMS each speaker via a Phonix gold amp).
2. Need a tweeter recomendation to go with the Hertz HV200's.( a cheaper alternative to there ribbon tweeters ).
emperorjj1

Postby emperorjj1 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:54 am

dont get the ribbon tweets anyway. unless you have the 100% best location to put him in they wont sound as good as conventional tweets. Stick with some domes anyway. you may want to get something like the hi energy 4" coax if u can

throw me some specs on how big the box can be (max space)
AZIM

Postby AZIM » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:36 am

Its for a mk2 VW GOLF what you might call a VW RABBIT built in 1991.

Width is 36 inch
Height is 16 inch
Depth is upto 14 inch (ideally 12 inch).
The rake of the rear seat is 8 inch at this height .

Would be nice to have a low slightly squat shape , some where to mount the Phoenix gold R 5.0.4 amp on perhaps ,but not essential .

Return to “Car Audio”