Playstation Three

General discussion about computers and their related items, and open requests/chat about our own gaming server.
bobdabuilda

Postby bobdabuilda » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:33 am

flak_monkey wrote:Very true. However, the xbox 360 doesn't run Maya, Photoshop, Aftereffects, and all the other programs that I use on a daily basis.

Yeah, but people don't buy a 360 or PS3 for photoshop man. It's much cheaper to get these systems than it is to build or buy a high performance PC for gaming. True there is much more you can do with a PC, but most people cannot afford to drop $2500 to play todays games on the highest deatail at the highest resolutions without frame drop. Plus, PC have far more technical issues than console games, and not to mention the plethora of patches that need to be downloaded after release.
Car: 1999 Acura 3.2TL w/navi.
Alpine CDA-9831 head Unit
Stock Bose Speakers (Sound decent with this Head Unit)
Two 12" RE audio SE Subs
RE audio 12.1 1200 watt @ 1 ohm Amplifier
Optima Yellow Top
NDGeist

Postby NDGeist » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:01 am

So the 360 can render more accurately and the wii is more fun. WHy is there still a demand for the PS3?

I don't know any gamers who are looking to get a PS3, everyone wants a Wii.

Realistically, i'll just stick with my PC. It's faster, games look better and are cheaper, and it doesnt require me to use a controller for FPS games, an action that is completely unnatural. Give me a mouse and keyboard any day, and even the best console players will get wtfpwnd.
Mis-spellers of the world, untie!
There are only 10 types of people in the world,
those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Patented17

Postby Patented17 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:26 pm

KU40 wrote:that's f'ing retarded. why? just wait a couple weeks for the next batch to be released. Does your ego really need the boost it gets when you tell somebody that you have this gaming system already?

I think some of it are the crazy *** parents that have to give their kids what they want. I was at a gamestop about 2 weeks before the ps3's were out and some lady was asking if they had any and the dude kinda of laught and told her that they would'nt be anymore for about 3 months and she was like alright I'll give you 2000 on the spot right now If you can get me one. Just crazy how people are, but you know my *** is going to be there in line for the next new gen console so I can take those people's money when they want to just throw it all away on a video game console:cwm21:
Thoraudio

Postby Thoraudio » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:50 pm

Patented17 wrote:I think some of it are the crazy *** parents that have to give their kids what they want. I was at a gamestop about 2 weeks before the ps3's were out and some lady was asking if they had any and the dude kinda of laught and told her that they would'nt be anymore for about 3 months and she was like alright I'll give you 2000 on the spot right now If you can get me one. Just crazy how people are, but you know my *** is going to be there in line for the next new gen console so I can take those people's money when they want to just throw it all away on a video game console:cwm21:

went to stuff mart at lunch to get some... stuff... and while I was there I played the PS-3 demo... pretty nice looking. They didn't have any in the case (other than the demo), and I didn't even ask. As I was walking out, I saw some old dude carrying one to his car :)
whyfore is I here?
JordanBrown

Postby JordanBrown » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:59 pm

I have a 360, a Wii, and will eventually get a PS3 most likely.

It all comes down to GAMES. If there are popular games for the PS3 that people want, eventually they will buy them. My first impressions of the Wii controller and nunchuck are a bit shakey, I am not enjoying it much so far.
vfootballphs

Postby vfootballphs » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:53 pm

Return to “Computer / Gaming forum.”