Uploading profile picture, I did it, but had a little issue.....

This is the place for you to post any issues or suggestions for the forum.
John

Uploading profile picture, I did it, but had a little issue.....

Postby John » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:13 pm

At first I just tried to enter a URL from a(my) yahoo/geocities hosted site, then from a site I found on google. I got the following two lines repeated over and over again.

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jlaine/public_html/html/Forum/includes/functions_upload.php on line 119

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jlaine/public_html/html/Forum/includes/functions_upload.php on line 121

It kept repeating those in a list, and I did not wait for it to stop. So I just downloaded the image I wanted to throw in there, and uploaded it. My problem solved. Once again, maybe it is just my messed up computer. I just wanted to make you aware of this little incident in the case there is a problem that needs to be fixed.
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:19 pm

John5353 wrote:At first I just tried to enter a URL from a(my) yahoo/geocities hosted site, then from a site I found on google. I got the following two lines repeated over and over again.

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jlaine/public_html/html/Forum/includes/functions_upload.php on line 119

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jlaine/public_html/html/Forum/includes/functions_upload.php on line 121

It kept repeating those in a list, and I did not wait for it to stop. So I just downloaded the image I wanted to throw in there, and uploaded it. My problem solved. Once again, maybe it is just my messed up computer. I just wanted to make you aware of this little incident in the case there is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Did the link contain any executable giveaway characters?

Like a ? or & ... etc...?

It's not working right - that's a given, but the error may have been caused by you trying to upload a image with a dynamic link.
Yo.
John

Postby John » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:30 pm

jlaine wrote:Did the link contain any executable giveaway characters?

Like a ? or & ... etc...?

It's not working right - that's a given, but the error may have been caused by you trying to upload a image with a dynamic link.

I don't know and do not remember, I am sure the yahoo/geocities site did not, and the google one I am sure probably did.
Jakezor

Postby Jakezor » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:43 pm

Yahoo and Geocities usually don't let you link to pictures (usually by blocking .gif,bmp,jpg etc)

try having a copy of your picture with the extension .txt and try that in the uploader.
John

Postby John » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:48 pm

I got it done already so it's no longer a concern to me.....Thanks though!
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:56 pm

John5353 wrote:I got it done already so it's no longer a concern to me.....Thanks though!

It is a concern to me though... If it's a bug I need to isolate it and fix it.

Punk. :cwm18:
Yo.
John

Postby John » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:10 pm

Okay, well, I do not have either link, I deleted the yahoo one, cannot find the google one. Here's another link, it is too big (107x74 or something) and it has executable giveaway characters, but it gives the same result. Enter the link:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:S ... /timon.gif

Return to “Bug Report / Suggestions”